Jong-nam murder: High Court fixes July 28 for mention

KAJANG (The Star/ANN) - Kim Jong-nam murder case to go to trial on July 28.

The Shah Alam High Court has set July 28 for mention of the Kim Jong-nam murder case.

DPP Muhammad Iskandar Ahmad told reporters this outside the Kajang Prison Complex on Friday.

The case proceedings, which had been held at court rooms before this, was brought to the Kajang Women's Prison inside the prison complex due to security concerns.

The 30-minute proceeding was held inside the prison compound before Shah Alam High Court deputy registrar Mohamad Nasrudin Mohamed.

DPP Muhammad Iskandar also said the prosecution had handed over 44 documents including a post-mortem report and the chemist's report to the defence.

Vietnamese Doan Thi Huong, 29, and Indonesian national Siti Aisyah, 25, are accused of murdering Jong-nam, the half-brother of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un at the KLIA2 on February 13.

They face the death penalty under Section 302 of the Penal Code if convictied.

On May 30, the case was transferred to the Shah Alam High Court from the Sepang magistrate's court.

Photos

No photos has been attached.